background

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Flower Pin

 
I'm sure many of you have seen sweet little things like this if you follow other craft blogs but I just wanted to share my take on the lace flower pin. I gave these as gifts this year. I think they'd be perfect on a coat, clutch, cardigan, you name it! All you need is some lace "ribbon" (I bought mine at JoAnn's for $1), felt for the backing, hot glue, pins, and pearls or other embellishment.

1) Cut a felt circle, this is probably the size of a half dollar or so. Then, just start gluing the lace around the circle.

2) As you go you'll want to make little folds to give that petal look and it also helps it lay flat. Be patient as you go because the glue takes a little longer to hold since the lace has holes in it. And don't be afraid to use a lot of glue, it'll all be covered up eventually. :)

For this size, I made three layers, just stopping where I started and making sure to cover the felt.
 3) Add pearls or embellishments how you like.
 4) I didn't take a picture but the last step is just adding a pin to the back with your trusty hot glue.

I hope everyone's 2011 is getting off to a great start! I'm doing everything I can to avoid getting ready for school tomorrow. It's been a wonderful break and although I'm not thrilled about the 5:30am alarm going off, I am excited about seeing my kiddos tomorrow. I've got a couple more projects in the works so I'll post again soon. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment